Friday, April 28, 2006

Intervals in the Park

JJ and I headed to Grady yesterday to run the 4x90/90s. Unfortunately, and somewhat suprisingly, it turns out that Grady High School sometimes actually uses their field for school athletic events. Is it normal to have women's soccer in the spring?

Not wanting to pay to get in and then have people watch me loafing pitifully, I suggested we move across the street to Piedmont Park.

We did a 10 minute warm up jog, followed by stretching, followed by Really Ugly Running (Sometimes Uphill), by Kathleen Quinlen. And Jenn ran intervals.

Just kidding- we both ran them, but I couldn't believe a) how slow I was actually running by the third interval and b) how looooong 90 seconds became by the third interval. We found a pretty flat area to run them on, but it was a little hilly, so I am looking forward to running these on an actual track.

Needless to say, I did succeed in being totally exhausted by the end, so I guess that counts for something.

On that note- Ned? Can you post directions to Phoenix Park here?

I am one step closer to awesomeness!

1 comment:

KQ said...

I ran these at Phoenix Park on Saturday- still brutal (I am out of shape, so I guess that's not a shock), but definitely better than running in the grass. Sometimes uphill. Ugh.