Thursday, December 29, 2005

Rachel Ray's 30 minute interval training

For some reason I can never quite muster the energy to go to an "actual" track to do "actual" interval training. However, I've found this bike workout to be pretty amazing as well as easy on the body.

You can do this on a regular cardio bike or an upright.

5 Mins - Low cycle(lvl 3 for me) 80 RPM

Then do 6 sets of the following:

1 Min - Highest Cycle(lvl 12 for me) 100+ RPM
2 Min - Low Cycle(3 for me) 60-80 RPM

Then Cooldown:

2 Mins - Low Cycle(3 for me) 100 RPM
5 Mins - Low Cycle(3 for me) 60-70

This is a great workout.. and seems to improve my quickness off the first step. It requires some explosiveness and then maintaining speed. You can do the same workout on the treadmill but i find the impact hurts my knees. You'd be surprised how hard this workout is. If you have difficulty I find that keeping track of how many people look at you funny during the high speeds helps.

My record is 6 ... Have at it.

No comments: